Mold Testing & Inspection Company in Wyoming
Serving Cheyenne, Casper, Laramie, and Gillette, Wyoming
Few places embody the American Spirit like Wyoming. To this day, it’s where people go to live their authentic lives. Cowboys, artists, homesteaders… Wyoming has them all and they all have one thing in common. They can take care of themselves, thank you very much. With that spirit in mind, I ask you not to take your mold problem into your own hands.
Hear me out. Until recently, the EPA was telling us it was safe to use bleach and a rag to get rid of mold. The thing is, that’s all wrong. It’s the same thing with those “mold killer” sprays you see at the hardware store. When those products and methods are tested, they’re tested on microscope slides. Those slides are glass, they’re not porous. Of course, the mold comes right off it there’s nothing for it to stick to! Your walls, furniture, clothing, floors, and roofs are extremely porous. If you spray mold down with bleach or other chemicals and wipe it down, you’re just putting millions of potentially toxic mold spores out into your air. I assure you that not one mold spore has been killed and instead you’re now breathing in mold spores and whatever chemicals you used.
What About Those DIY Mold Test Kits?
The do it yourself kits you find at hardware stores seem like a great idea, and the concept is simple enough. Your kit is basically a Petri dish that you leave out in your home. The idea is, if you have mold, it will grow on the Petri dish. Then you send the Petri dish in and they tell you what kinds of mold are in your home. Perfect. How can this go wrong?
Oh, so easily.
The thing is, no matter where in the world you are, Wyoming or Wales, there is mold in your air. You are guaranteed to grow mold in your Petri dish. And it’s true, the test will tell you what kind of mold is in your air. But it won’t tell you the other vital piece of information that you need to make an informed decision on what to do. That is, what are the levels of mold inside your home versus the levels outside of your home. That’s an important part of this puzzle. You only have a problem when the air in your home has more mold spores in it than the air outside of your home.
Food for Thought
If the mold is thick enough or at a high enough elevation, it will settle on your furniture. If this is the case in your home, do not delay to call a mold professional. The situation only gets worse, never better. It won’t go away on its own and even if you stop the moisture source, and the mold spores die, they can still be allergenic. If you suffer from mold related allergy symptoms you should not take a chance with your health. Severe and prolonged mold allergies can lead to serious respiratory issues. It may be worth it to you just to replace the furniture.
Wisconsin Department of Health and Environmental Control
Let experience guide you!
Mold Test USA is “Your Personal Mold Consultant!”
CALL 1-877-701-2606 TODAY!
We have experienced mold specialists standing by to answer any questions that you may have regarding residential and commercial mold testing and mold inspections!